Friday, 24 August 2012

A Wig Review


So I have ordered 3 wigs form a wig online shop,Geisha wigs.
The 1st wig I got I did a Blog and was happy with my purchase of the Vamp twin fall wig.
I went on to order the Galaxy Wig and Apple Toffee Wig.

So this is a more neutral review with the good and not so good on the wigs

What I  like about the shop was the prices they are low but I still stand by my statement of if you want a wig to last and want a quality wig suitable for long wear and modelling/Lolita  'You get what you pay for.' Rings true.
The Galaxy wig is very shiny and when I did make a comment on the wigs shiny-ness in one of my own photos, I was told that I had parted the wig wrong  by the shop.
Which sorta left me a bit like what?!
I have worked with real and fake hair for a long time as Hair dresser and never ever heard such nonsense in my life.Parting the hair has no effect on the shine-ness of a wig.Then later it was recommended  on the page of the shop to use  normal hair 'Dry shampoo'' to reduce the shiny-ness of the wig ,Normal Products for your hair really shouldn't be used on wigs (See my past Wig care post).
However I can cope the shinny-ness its not the end of the world.

The other thing that concerned me was the wigs fibres form taking them out the bag and giving it a gentle brush with a wig wide tooth comb,they started to fall out more freely than any of other wigs even the Vamp wig never had much fibre loss.
I understand know all wigs will lose some fibres but this had just come out the packet. 
 ; ~ ; 
(tear)

However the wig colours are completely stunning which is why I got the wig ,The mix is Blues Blacks Pinks,Its just lovely and very in with the Galaxy print trend Right know.The length of the wig is great not to long or to short,The inside wig cap is neat and tidy I found the wigs rather Thin.
Moving on to the Apple Toffee wig,I ordered this wig same time as the Galaxy but due to the supplier of the shop there was a mix up.So I chose to wait for the next batch of wigs for it to come in.I didn't mind ,these things happen of course.
I was offered a other wig or I could wait.I was in no hurry.
So waited.

I got the Apple Toffee wig today and again put it on to see how it looked.
I was touching the bangs and again fibres started coming lose?! 
The same problem coming up the fibre loss.

This wig is  like the Vamp  maybe they are better ones out of the 3 I have bought,But loss of fibres are a pain its like cat hair or dog hair falling on your outfits and everything.So annoying! Maybe I have been unlucky with the wigs.Other may have had better luck.
The 2 ponytail wigs the Apple toffee is a lot shorter but had very tight curls,some which were matted but I can deal with that.
The clips on the wig are good though for the pony tails strong and not to big or over powering,and a good grip on the base of the wig.The wig base is very light and thin,the volume comes form the Pony tails.
Again I  do adore the colours maybe my most love colour way bit this wig do seem more matt that the other too.
I am wondering if this is due to a change of supplier of wigs to the shop its seems possible but I can not tell as each wig has varied  in consistency from shine and matt.

As you have read I do have mixed feelings of the wigs and the company.
Over all they are okay.
But I don't think they are long lasting with the fibre loss or a good quality compared to the other wigs I have from the bigger companies.
However these Wigs are the type of wigs Id maybe buy for a fancy dress outfit or a for a bit of fun.
I  will  use my wigs but I do not think they will be able to keep up with the demand of being a Lolita/Wig wearer and modelling.
But if your buying as a 1st time wig wearer or for a bit of fun fair enough go for it,But My personal thoughts are they are not as good a quality as other wigs and what you pay for is what you get.
On a side note,I was rather upset about the company's unprofessional manner using my own modelling work for clothing company,with out permission from me or the company and showcasing it in a album 'our wigs modelled' in which  I feel is very misleading to customers as I am not one of their models.

Over all rating 2 out of 5.



However no matter what...
Stay super Kawaii !

Tartan

x