Friday, 21 February 2014

Kawaii Interview time with Raine


Hello every cutie! Hope you are all well! Today I have a Kawaii interview with the lovely Raine!

I do apologise my blog has been rather silent due to not being able to upload much , as my laptop is away for repairs! 
Am also struggling to see and use this machine and I am left here hoping that my lap top will be ready sometime next week *sobs* I really miss it! So until I will try and get as many as my back logged post up. Now let's get on  with the interview!
Today we are interviewing Raine, who likes Manba Japanese styles. Lets get on with the interview!



So Raine ,First off when and how did you get into Kawaii culture?

It was when I moved to America when I was younger. That was when I discovered anime/manga. The first friend I made through my parents was into the Japanese culture. She introduced me to kawaii anime/manga. I was introduced to cute characters as well as cute fashions. From there I looked at magazines, discovered more styles. It wasn't until I moved back to London that I learnt about other subcategories of kawaii style. I investigated and tried out various styles until I found out where I stood.


What did you find are the things that appealed to you in Kawaii Culture?
The fun colours, the various fun styles. You could combine so many accessories and different clothing styles. With the Kawaii Culture you're unlimited to what you want to do. There really isn't so much of a what you can/can't do which is great. To be a part of the kawaii culture is such an enjoyment unlike being part of a different style culture. 

Ah I see!, So what does Kawaii mean to you?
Being Kawaii to me means enjoying the cute side of life. It's bringing out your inner child, not being afraid of them. Life doesn't have to be black and white. It's about enjoying as you only have one life to live. Kawaii is something that everyone can do and experience. That's what Kawaii means to me. 


Great! Do you have a fashion that you would say is Kawaii and can you tell us a bit more about it?
My fashion that I consider to be Kawaii is Manba. It's got the brightness and fun qualities of being a kawaii fan. The pastel colours that could belong with fairy kei along with bright neon colours. Two of my favourite types of colours. There is also the vibrant makeup that goes along with the style that helps you to stand out even more against the crowd. I think being Manba means that you have a lot more fun and greatly express your kawaii self. 

WOW, ooh okay and What advise would you give readers to finding their styles?
Explore! Don't just find one style and stick to it, you've got to keep an open mind. If all of a sudden you find that the style you've been trying out isn't for you then don't give up. Move onto something else. Experiment as well. Take bits from one style and see if you can mix it up with the new style you're trying out.  I would also say don't go buying everything at once. 
When you're trying to find your style, it doesn't mean you have to buy an excessive amount. It could be that the style you tried didn't work and then you've just spent lots of money on clothes you wouldn't wear again. Maybe about 5 clothes items would be a good start. A good amount to also mix and match to see what works for you.  

Can you tell us where do you shop for your style and is it easy to find things?
For my style I usually go to thrift stores and see what I can find. With some of my old clothes, I sometimes alter them and create something new. Camden Town is one of my favourite places to look for clothes and accessories to add to my collection. I also buy my stuff from online such as ebay, etsy and storeenvy.

What brands of make up do you like?
I'm not a fan of super heavy foundations and such so I stick to light brands such as Natural from Boots and Bare Minerals. I don't like spending a ridiculous amount on cosmetics if I can help it so I usually go for store brands. 

What styles would you say influence you?
Manba and Fairy Kei. I like to try to mix the two of them together when I can.  

How do you feel when wearing your outfits or kawaii things?
Relaxed and happy. I feel so comfortable and myself. I don't have to worry about how others see me as I know how I feel when I have my outfit and kawaii items around and that's what's important to me. 


Since being into Kawaii Culture would you say the way you do some things like your hair and make up, have they changed over time?
My makeup style has changed a lot but hair wise the only thing to change has been my hair colour. I have also gotten a preference to wearing wigs rather than dealing with my actual hair. 

Heehee, What kind or anime or manga do you like and what would you recommend to some one?  
I'm really open minded when it comes to anime/manga. I do however prefer ones with a bit of sci-fi, action/adventure in them. I usually always suggest Gundam Wing as a anime to watch for those who love sci-fi.

Do you like any Japanese Cute Music what do you listen too?
Don't listen to much cute music. If I do it's usually the openings or closing themes to animes. The only Cute Japanese artist I can say that I listen to Kyary Pamyu Pamyu. 

The tought question here but who would you pick Sanrio or San X ?
San X. I've only really started to love the Sanrio characters. When I was first introduced to the Kawaii world my friend introduced me to San X first. I would buy everything with San X characters on it especially a lot of stationary for school. 

And who would you say is your most loved Kawaii Character?
That's difficult to say because I don't have just one. I love Sanrio, San X and another of my favourites is Disney. I can't just have the one most loved as I love them all equally. If I had to choose one however...I would definitely go with Disney's Stitch. 

Have you made or created your own Kawaii inspired stuff? (eg cosplay, outfit, deco-den ect ect .)
Nails and cute little figures made out of polymer clay. I stopped because I'm not a very D.I.Y person though I am getting into it a little more. I have plans to make my own cosplays and one day I would like to create my own outfit. 

Awesome ,Where is your most fave place to shop for Kawaii ?
YesStyle.com That site has so many kawaii clothes and accessories that I wish I could have. From time to time I like to buy items from there. All of which I can incorporate to my style.

Do you have a Kawaii Idol or some one that inspires you?

I have several. For the fairy kei style I would say that Fetsu-Chan is my all time favourite person to look to for inspiration. She's so cute and her style is just too amazing to describe. I love the fact that she's so creative when it come to mix and match. 

For the Manba style I look to the old group Angeleek. Each member of that group has their own interpretation of the style and it's great to see that even though they all share the same style the all somehow make it suitable for themselves in their own way.

And finally if I was a kawaii fairy and could grant you 3 wishes -What would you wish for ?

My 3 Kawaii wishes would be for me to be able to incorporate my kawaii style into everything that I do. That I would be able to be more Kawaii D.I.Y. and to make loads of Kawaii styled friends.  


Hehe! 


Thank you so much for your time and taking part in the interview Raine! It was great to know more about you and your own kawaii style!


Tartan <3 xox