Wednesday, 29 October 2014

Tartan , Kawaii and the BBC

Hey , guess what. So last week the word Kawaii was added to the English Directory was announced. Which is pretty cool- I saw a program about how they 'add' words to the directory and its something to do with how often the word is used verbally and in text via social media and the internet ..( Big brother really is watching!)  The program was rather interesting itself but hooray for KAWAII!  I wonder if they counted the amount of times I use it?! huhuh!?

So any way a reporter from the BBC wanted to do a written feature on Kawaii and through the great vines of contacts. I found my self making a telephone appointment for a interview the following day.

I was excited but oh my goodness I was really nervous, What would they ask? What would they like to know, What if I screw up?! What if I looked like a fool... - gahh!!
Yup I did not sleep well that night but after the school run the next day I awaited my phone call.



I really did not need to worry, My phone call was just some questions and my thoughts and feelings on Kawaii. I did not really know what sort of angle they were after for the feature so I did my very best. I mostly wanted to paint Kawaii in the best light possible and make it interesting to some one who has never heard of it or might of wondered what it is. We spoke about fashion and Kawaii Culture as well. 
After words I got a lovely email back thanking me . Which was very sweet.

And here is the final feature, with myself and the UK company Cutesy Kink a online fashion store. 
I think I did well.





Am very pleased to see that Kawaii is getting some sort of notice and appreciation.
As well I hope its the start of something exciting and a wave of Kawaii movement.

I find it really sweet that because its to do with the BBC I have family suddenly taken a interest my personal love for Kawaii. I some times wonder if its time for me to take a step up and venture down a path with my Kawaii passions.

What do you think?
Till next time! Keep it Kawaii xox