Tuesday, 3 March 2015

What's in your Kawaii Make up bag? - Make up revolution


Hey every one today's post is about new items I have added to my Kawaii make up bag drawer. I wanted to invest in some nice natural shades, and face make up products that would be used for my new project with the Candy Kei wigs from Cutesy Kink. So I want to find and use some products that were high street accessible and at on a low budget, As it not my every day sorta make up . But some thing that is good enough to achieve a Japanese style make up look.  Yup I will have to get used to wearing different styles of make up. So I been hearing a lot about Make up Revolution and decide after hearing and reading reviews to give it a shot.



 I picked up a few items. 2 items I picked were the Focus and Fix liquid concealer, what?! Every girl needs these just in the case of emergences, I also ran out of my old ones and had to replace them any ways, Nothing really much to say about these, they just do the job they need to do and can be purchased in 6 shades at the nice little price of £2 each. Not to shabby.

The other item was a palette called cover and conceal I got this by mistake *GASP!* I picked up the wrong damm shade in the shop I got the light palette when I should of got Medium for my complexion! However am super lucky my sister has very pale skin so I will be letting her have my light palette ,as it will be no used to me. Funny, she is very pale yet am very olive in skin tones. So I can not pass on my Kawaii wisdom on that product but I have ordered the correct shades  at £6 each and 2 little extra items as well. -Whoops- But I did take picturesof the light shade to share with you all!




So yeah haha my bad about getting the wrong shade huh?! Anyway moving on the other items I got were a also face products,One was a blusher and the other a contour kit, the contour kit is called I (heart) Make up,Definition  I picked is in the medium shades again, its powder of 3 colours to create that contour effect on the face with the use of highlighting /definition  or Highlight Bronzer and Blusher all in one palette. I have used a Sleek one in the past but found the highlighter to be WAY TOO shimmery, but looking at this one its not as shimmer I much as I feared it would be.Am all for glitter and shimmer but it looks odd when its OTT! 




I look forward to using this item the other item I already said is a Blusher- I had my eyes on this item when I saw them on the facebook page and wanted to get my hands on one. I (Heart) Make up- Blushing Heart in Peachy. I of late have been playing about with more peach tones on my cheeks, This item has 3 shades in one that blend well. I liked the texture and colour this gave to my checks when I tested it this morning its very soft powder to the touch and silky like. I am so glad to have this cause its huge and its super kawaii in its heart shape and packaging. Extra points there! So I can see this becoming a fave of mine. And you get tons for your money at only £4.99!



Moving on to the final item, I picked a eye shadow palette, that has 18 shades to pack from - 6 are matt shades. I really liked the rusty looking shades on this . Its called 'Run Boy Run.'
I think there is a nice mix and range to pick from. They all seem well coloured shades when I did some swatches them without a primer and they are silky smooth to the touch and very pretty and seem pretty full of colour. I will try these out with some eye make up later this week and see how long staying the power is on these. But for only £6 you cant not really go wrong , for 18 shades.




The only thing I don't like, is those damm sponge appliers! I personally favour the brush tool any day! I think I can have some fun with these the only shades I really dislike is the purple-ish shade that looks more of black with bits of purple glitter. It be nice to have a rusty purple shade by hey ho to only dislike one shade, is not bad (imo.) The over sized mirror it pretty handy and when you pack this away its slim enough to say take away on a weekend trip or holiday.

Any way I hope this gave you a insight to the products and  a glimpse to the products I will be useing in my up coming products.
Till later
Tartan
xox