Saturday, 25 April 2015

A mission to find liquid to matt lipsticks- review

 Hey every one.
Todays post is a insight/ review on my mission to find some new liquid to matt finish Lipsticks. As some of you know I loved my Limecrime ones as much as I loved the product I didn't really like the company behind it. ( Drama and all. Dis all am saying.) So it has taken me months to track down and find something just as good or maybe even better!
One place I found thanks to the wonders of Instagram was a indie small brand called Make Up Monsters.  
What I soon found was the range of colours rivalled many companies in shades. Which took my interest as I was looking for more shades than just plain red and pink.


So many to pick from , Any way this wee store are is in America and Ship worldwide. A word of warning though this place sells out fast! Crazy fast- I was lucky to order 2 products one day and then the next day a other 2 as they did a restock each day and then had to await till the next one. ( April 25th.)  New shades are coming out and even gloss lippy products too. I already have got 4 more on order too!



Anyway my orders were the following products Nefarious, and Cherimoya . A darkish purple and a nude pink. The Colours are lovely and the texture of the products are light to wear. I found them very very long lasting, but you need to let them dry fully.  I did find the product seemed less gloopy than other brands who have tried ( and failed.)  On the liquid to Matt lipsticks.
I love the purple you can make it really dark if you layer it on and the pink is a sweet simple nude that is really cute.




The other 2 product shades where on the brown shade of things, Now I ordered my items 1 day apart and for some reason my 2nd parcel came a whole 2 weeks after my 1st one came- LOL!
What?
Thankfully they provide shipping and tracking on your orders. Also there was a 5-10 business delay due to the owner having a baby! Which is understandable. And every one who has been a customer seems to be a loyal one and every one says everything good about this place. The shades Talk dirty to me is a dark brow maybe a dupe for Salem from LC? It's very rich in colour and the other shade is a nude brown called Sedona a dupe for Cashmere?. All the colours need only one coat and apply very well. They are long lasting but would avoid oily stuff as it removed some of my dark brown lippy shade but not much.

Over all I really love my purchases and the products, I hope to buy many more of these in different shades. I do still like JSC liquid to matt but something is nice coming from a small company and they have more shades to pick form. They are some thing to check out if you like the matt finish.
Again these barely need a touch up , maybe a slight touch up is needed after food. And they are very rich in colour. The cost for one of these not inc shipping is around £9 and the shipping is about £7.
Which is a not bad price as your UK ones on in high street brands are around £3-5 and your high end ones are about £13. I would say these are high end products at a good price!

I give them a 10/10 rating cause the lady that runs the store is so nice and the products are just awesome. Do you like Liquid to Matts or the Matt finish lippys? Tell me the products you like in the comments.

Tartan xox