Friday, 7 August 2015

Kawaii Garden

Hey there Kawaii Kitten's.
Hope you are all well. This year I have been doing fair amount of stuff in my back garden. Rewind a year or so , My garden was a wreck. A decking that was untreated from its last coat being removed, railings that moved if you placed a feather on them . Which am sure were ready to fall apart. Oh and those nasty planks that were a meant to be steps to the bottom of the decking that had nails sticking out of them... Not Child or adult safe. The washing line was on a slope made of rubble and a shed falling apart. I often would pretended that my house had no back garden! The main job was to sort out the basics, made it safe and stable. Once that was done and what a work load that was, The next step was spending the whole day power washing off old left over decking wood treatment. To then re add it. It was not the most glamours job but some one had to do it!

After that , having a new shed, and a safe place to hang the washing- with out the chance of braking a leg. Railing that were on and safe and real steps!I wanted to bring in some colours to the garden and I started with plants.

Okay so am no green fingers gardener, am more of your ' plant this seed here and see what happens'' kinda gal, So I got some plants and seeds and herbs. I love herbs and growing them to use in my cooking was something I wanted to do again. Saves money in the long run. Now this is all fair and all but there was and is something lacking in the garden. Yup so far it was sorted and plants seem to be growing well. It was time to put my kawaii taste into my little garden!

Am lucky that we get the sun from noon up on the decking and the sun spot under the decking all day. But I really wanted a nice seating area on the decking . I already had a cafe black bistro style set but it was not cosy or the most comfortable . So after checking out the sales and ordered a new set. Sofa with 2 chairs and a mini table. Perfect.  But the decking area was already dark and this is a black set so it was time for some kawaii fun. To make it feel more cute and cosy I went and purchased pink cute cushions to put on the black and brighten things up, I got my hands on some water proof shabby chic style bunting flags. Then after I got some pastel fun coloured candles for that area.
I was pretty please with it. I also got my hands on a wooden wind chime but they didn't have many shades to pick from . ( boo!) But I found some sweet coloured butterflies that I could have hiding among the flowers and plants in the flower beds as well as a windmill with spots. It took a few weeks to get some flowers to bloom in the flower beds. Eventully I got my hands on a few pastel shade pots and brightly coloured cute flowers to add to them to make it even more adorable.


Am soo happy with my pastel Kawaii Garden! Its lovely to be out there and get round to enjoying it.
I also made sure to have butterfly and bee friendly plants to encourage them to visit. I am planning on a few more flags and things to hang up, I got a bird feeder to put up also which you can see but it has a hook needed to be put up , Am gona get a few of those. Some more decorations and more bright cushions!

Once that is done I can curl up with a good book in the sun shine, or host a cupcake tea party outside!
Hope you enjoyed the post! Maybe you can take some tips and hints for your own garden space!
Later's
Tartan